Assamtechtricks

Creating and Nesting label in Gmail

You can categorize your emails by assigning a label name to a particular email. This tutorial is applicable only for Gmail, the process is slightly differ for other email service provider like Yahoo,Rediff etc .You can also nest multiple labels  under a particular label. This
are called Sub-labels. This feature enables us to access emails easily. Gmail also offer some customization features, you can choose different colors for different labels. In this tutorial I will describe the whole process of creating, nesting and customizing labels in Gmail.

Suppose I want to categorize all the emails received from Technotrickology, Customercare and Snapdeal into three categorizes namely Technotrickology, Customercare and Snapdeal as shown in the following image.


Follow the following steps

1) Go to More and then click on Create new label as shown in the following image.

 
2) Write the label name and then click Create in my case I write the label name as WORK.


3) Now you will find the label name in the left sidebar of your Gmail account as shown in the following image

 
Nesting labels
4) Again go to Create new label, and type the label name that you want to nest under the label that you have created in Step 1, and then in the Nest under label option choose the label (created in step 1), in my case I want to nest the label Technotrickology under the label WORK, as shown in the following image.

 
 
5) Now expand the label created in Step1, and you will see the label name that you have nested under it. In my case I have nested Technotrickology under WORK, so when I expand WORK I will get to see Technotrickology under it as shown in the following image. (In similar way I have nested the labels Customercare and Snapdeal under the label WORK)

Categorization of Emails
6) Now go to gmail INBOX and then select the emails to which you want to assign a label name. After that go to Move to option and expand it and there you will find the label name as MAIN LABEL NAME / NESTED LABEL NAME (in my case WORK/Technotrickology), click on that. See the following image this will help you.


7) Now expand the main label (in my case main label is WORK) and click on the nested label to see your categorized emails. In my case I categorize emails under Customercare so when I click on Customercare I will see the emails that I have sent to it as shown in the following image.



Customization 
8) Click on the small triangle as highlighted in the following image, to get the customization options.


9) Now you get all the options for Custom color, Add, Remove, Hide, Edit etc


 
This is all about Creating, Nesting and customizing email in Gmail, if you are facing any problem then please write to me